勋章券

踏入阳光的成就

积分

时光印记Lv.1水中王者勋章Lv1

发表于 2014-4-10 17:27:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 jiangzhengwenjz 于 2023-8-26 02:39 编辑
原址:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285094

*This should go without saying, but older posts in this topic do not reflect the current state of this hack.*

Black backgrounds stink, don't they?

There are tons of hacks out there that completely change up the Pokémon experience to make something new. But what if you just wanted something that attempts to improve upon the great game that is already there? Pokémon Throwback is my attempt at doing just that. This hack incorporates new features and fixes into the 1st Gen remake to try and create the best, most faithful version of the original Kanto story available.

I plan to have full support for both FireRed and LeafGreen. It started as only a FireRed hack like so many other hacks here, but I feel that the latter game still needs some love. As time goes on, I hope to bring all patches over to LeafGreen so people who originally purchased that game can feel fully included, too! Look for the Venusaur icons to see what is currently working for LeafGreen.

...Oh, you wanted the game's story. You're a kid from Pallet Town who is sent off into the world of Pokémon to capture monsters for sport. And battling! Be the best by becoming champion and...catching 'em all? Insert motivational sentence here.

Throwback contains a variety of patches that you can use at your own leisure: pick one or some things, or put all of them into the game! Fully read through the Extras section for a boatload of (minor) changes!

GB Player

Home of the first full-featured set of 8-bit tunes for GBA Pokémon hacks. No relation to the GameCube accessory.

Offering both new and old versions of tracks for a game is never a bad thing, as both have their own charm. This patch introduces tunes that represent what Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow had to offer. They're based right off of the code from the original ROMs. Barring a few discrepancies, these tunes are highly similar to their original iterations.

• A completely separate sound bank with the recreated 8-bit soundtrack from Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow (and a little bit from Gold/Silver/Crystal). They play off of the GB Synth instruments of the Game Boy Advance instead of DirectSound to ensure minimal loss of sound quality. As they are based off of the original code, they are incredibly accurate recreations. These put the songs played using the GB Sounds item in HeartGold/SoulSilver to shame!
  • Stereo sound for all tracks. 1st-Gen tracks use similar panning to Yellow's "Earphone1" sound option, while 2nd-Gen tracks retain their original panning.
  • A new key item, the GB Player, in your house in Pallet Town. With it you can choose which music you want to listen to throughout the game. The game saves which bank is chosen, so saving with the 8-bit tracks on will allow you to keep them on when booting the game up.
Things to consider for minor sound differences:

• Any quirk in the GBA's GB Synth playback (or an emulator's coding of it, for that matter) will cause some things to not sound quite right. Viridian Forest comes to mind.
  • GB Synth can't seem to reproduce duty shifting, meaning that tunes that used it (currently) can't be ported properly to the GBA. This applies to Jigglypuff's Song and the Game Freak logo. An alternative for the latter has been given, but Jigglypuff's Song will remain as-is.
  • Note attacks/rises have been applied as best as possible. Some instances could not be implemented perfectly because of differences of handling note rises between the two hardware sets.
  • LFOs have been estimated with the LFO functions in Sappy.
  • It seems the original Game Boy could play two noise samples at once. I don't think it can be recreated in GB Synth. It's used in the Route 1 theme and Johto town music.
  • I haven't perfected note bending. Although it's been implemented in the title screen track, it's the reason there's no 8-Bit evolution jingle right now. Unless that has to do with note sweeping, I'm not sure.
  • There are a couple of fanfares that I can't replace without the game deciding not to play them when they're supposed to be heard. These fanfares are the (modern) Level Up and Game Corner ones.

Catch 'em All
*Circa 2000.

S
tuffing 386/493/649/719 Pokémon into a game the size of FR/LG can make things awfully cramped and nonsensical. What I offer is an alternative that puts in all the Pokémon fitting for this game: the first two generations. They're all soundly located and dispersed throughout the game with no awkward confrontations in strange routes. I've added several new events for the one-off Pokémon such as starters and legendaries. Consult the included location/event guides for more information!

This means that there will be no Hoenn Pokémon in this hack. They really don't exist in the standard FR/LG game, and including them would make all areas too congested. If you want to play with Hoenn Pokémon, go play Pokémon Emerald. I hear it's a great game and that it has some great hacks available for it. The same goes for Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokémon, by the way.
Trade-evolved Pokémon still evolve through trade to keep with series canon, but can also be caught on one specific map in the game. Also, Celebi is currently not obtainable.

Using this patch, or playing with the complete hack, will yield you the above, version-agnostic (even though it requires a specific ROM) title screen. "But Richter, why call it just 'Pokémon'?" you may ask. Well, if you think about it, the name makes sense. What's the name of the original Final Fantasy? Final Fantasy, of course. As a remake of the original experience that took the world by storm, it holds the name strongly.

Wardrobe
Keepin' it old school with super-stylin' threads. Like this one!

One of the presentation changes of FireRed and LeafGreen was new clothing styles for the main characters (the player and the rival). With this hack, I try to replicate the looks of the characters' original looks to the greatest of my ability. All relevant sprites, including the overworld sprites, battle sprites, and opening and credits sprites, have been changed to resemble their classic, fly versions. Keep living in the old days to the max!

And yes, the female protagonist has a hat on. It's to keep with the tradition that all playable characters in the main Pokémon games have some sort of headwear on and totally not because I suck at drawing hair.

Extras
For the hack-playing connoisseurs.

Did you ever wish that Game Freak/Nintendo had made a few things more user-friendly or convenient for serious playing? Or do you just want to enjoy a few of the spoils brought about from later generations? This hack attempts to satisfy that craving of yours. With a varying array of fixes available, there's certainly something here to please you.

Portions of this patch description that are in red are only available for FireRed, not LeafGreen.
  • Collecting items from the ground or from certain people now plays the proper fanfare instead of the Level Up tune.
  • Cut down a tree once and it will be gone for the rest of the game.
  • TMs can be reused infinitely.
  • All move tutors will teach your Pokémon their moves an unlimited number of times.
  • Wade off random battles more easily with Darthatron's BW2 Repel System!
  • The Scope Lens, BrightPowder, Mental Herb, and Light Ball items are now obtainable.
  • All missing flutes (sans the redundant Blue Flute) are now obtainable.
  • All sensible missing Poké Ball and Mail types are now obtainable.
  • The areas in Mt. Moon have been more properly filled out.
  • Jambo51's Trainer Facing Fix has been implemented.
  • You can now run indoors, a convenience officially introduced in the 4th Gen games.
  • The Pokédex species glitch and roaming legendary IV glitch now have their fixes, as shown by HackMew.
  • You room no longer has a Help message, the little girl in Pallet Town no longer acts as a Start tutorial, and the old man in Viridian City no longer gives you the Teachy TV.
  • Giovanni's last Pokémon during the final Gym Leader Battle has been promoted back to a Rhydon.
  • The Elite Four and Pokémon Champion have had their 1st playthrough teams' levels increased by 2 to reflect their original Red/Green/Blue iterations.
  • The Pokémon League lobby music is now the Pokémon League theme.
  • Some transparency tile issues have been fixed.
  • Two charactes now hold their canonical U.S. names; Green and Charine are now Blue and Janine.
  • The Game Freak opening now displays the word "Presents" as it should, ported back to v1.0 by diegoisawesome.
For practicality's sake, these are all part of one patch for now.

In addition, there is a Decapitalization patch included in the download that decaps the game to meet with official game standards. In other words, everything besides menu items are no longer shouting at you! Note that it does not decap text introduced by other patches. Use the full patch for that!

Known Bugs

GB Player
  • Registering the GB Player and using it while the music is fading out (due to moving to a different area) will cause all sound to fade away until the scene changes.
  • Upon beating your rival in the final battle, the victory theme will restart rather than continue playing past the battle screen.
Note that there is bound to be some tiny issue brought about by using some combination of patches. This is the unfortunate reality of combining patches for any game. The complete patch doesn't have any of those things, but will still have the specified bugs above.

Besides the above credits for their specific hacks, these are the more general thanks:
  • Jambo51: for all of the custom ASM code present. Seriously, thank you so much!
  • HackMew: for the basic THUMB ASM compiling tools (and again for your fixes above)
  • DavidJCobb and NarutoActor: for providing crucial offsets
  • Shiny Quagsire: for providing a convenient bookmarks file for APE

Here is the list of tools used:

HxD
Hexecute (yeah, it was a bit of a pain)
XSE

Sappy mod 17.1
A-Trainer
Adobe Photoshop

AdvanceMap 1.92

APE
DNS

GBA Item Editor
Item Manager (to circumvent a bug from the previous editor)

NSE Classic
NSE 2.0
NTME

PGE's Pokémon Editor

unLZ hacked

And here's a banner if you want to support the hack!

The .zip file should contain the complete hack, a folder with the five separate patches, and various documentation for the hack. The main patch includes all five patches combined into one, along with exclusive decapitalization of text from the other patches. If you want to patch things individually, then go ahead. You can apply as many of them as you want!

It should run fine on actual hardware. The only problem you'll have is with obtaining Espeon and Umbreon, as the GBA doesn't have an internal clock.

The Pokémon location guides are for the content from Catch 'em All. Refer to them if ever you have a question about where a Pokémon can be found in the wild or need help finishing the events. The documentation includes locations for most of the things inserted into the hack. Only look at it if you're curious or are wanting to add your own things to the hack!

If anyone has any suggestions to refine FireRed and LeafGreen by bringing back charm from the original games or implementing new/fixed things to the game, feel free to notify me. Also, anyone is free to use and modify these patches for their own projects so long as you give proper credit. I hope you all like my hack. Enjoy your time in Kanto!

为了使用方便,下载地址里准备了原补丁和打过补丁的Rom,请按需下载.

下载地址:

链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qfrBIu6urHgEgqCJiqWl3A
提取码:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

评分

参与人数 1积分 +15 现金 +30 收起 理由
X-hole + 15 + 30

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

超级版主

积分
QQ

时光印记Lv.3挥金如土勋章水中王者勋章Lv3Omega红宝石发售确认纪念章Alpha蓝宝石发售确认纪念章金银好CP-Ho-oh/LUGIA【里】金银好CP-Ho-oh/LUGIA【真·正常向】异化型LUGIA【M超梦版】

发表于 2014-4-10 21:37:12 | 显示全部楼层
前排支持,看起来还不错的样子
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

繁华都市的喧闹

积分

时光印记Lv.1

发表于 2014-4-11 00:32:57 | 显示全部楼层
看來挺吸引的說,來看看了~O(∩_∩)O~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

口袋学堂外的努力

积分
发表于 2014-4-11 00:35:01 | 显示全部楼层
这个还是原来的剧情吗
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

超级版主

积分
QQ

时光印记Lv.3挥金如土勋章水中王者勋章Lv3Omega红宝石发售确认纪念章Alpha蓝宝石发售确认纪念章金银好CP-Ho-oh/LUGIA【里】金银好CP-Ho-oh/LUGIA【真·正常向】异化型LUGIA【M超梦版】

发表于 2014-4-11 16:30:44 | 显示全部楼层
楼主以后最好@一下版主@X-hole
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

口袋学堂外的努力

积分
发表于 2014-4-11 18:12:53 | 显示全部楼层
这个黑原版啥区别  要是汉化一下多好
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

踏往他乡的期盼

积分
发表于 2016-1-22 15:01:23 | 显示全部楼层
放在一起了吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

口袋学堂外的努力

积分
发表于 2019-11-6 21:39:47 | 显示全部楼层
一直再找,终于找到了谢谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

手举徽章的兴奋

积分
发表于 2024-3-30 11:02:51 | 显示全部楼层
:L 这都要隐藏啊……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入口袋中心

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|Pokemon Center

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 04:10 , Processed in 0.130393 second(s), 71 queries .