Pokémon Lightbolt Version beta2.1【英文火红改版】

[复制链接]

回帖

现金

勋章券

超级版主

积分
QQ

时光印记Lv.3挥金如土勋章水中王者勋章Lv3Omega红宝石发售确认纪念章Alpha蓝宝石发售确认纪念章金银好CP-Ho-oh/LUGIA【里】金银好CP-Ho-oh/LUGIA【真·正常向】异化型LUGIA【M超梦版】

发表于 2016-2-28 19:15:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
原帖:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359873
进度2个道馆
Introduction:

Hello guys, I'm 5qwerty. As you can see, I've been registered on PokéCommunity since 2009. I was quite active before, but my activity declined as I had to deal with more and more real life events. Though it seems that I have not been active for the past few years, I have always lurked around the ROM Hacking Forums. Also sorry to anyone I let down in the past.

This hack would technically be my first hack, if you don't count any hacks that I didn't finish a beta for, or any hacks that were made when I was an incoherent child. The focus for this hack is to make a game that is uniquely unique, and is also liked by people (enough for people to do Let's Plays or something).

My goal for starting this hack was just to finish making a game, as I have always given up on the games that I have made before. There won't be insane features or anything, so please go easy on me (haha). It's more of like my own "Fire Red" in the sense that there aren't going to be many graphical or mechanical changes compared to Fire Red. Also note that I'm working on this game alone, bar some friends who tested the game for me and gave me some ideas/input. Keep this in mind when you're reading my story, as it isn't too good. It was going to be a bit more intricate, but I took a break between brainstorming and actually working on the game, so I kind of forgot what I was going to do.

Also I haven't played any Gen 6 games. Please remember this.

Story:

Cahionu is a region with a few islands and many populated cities. It has its own Pokémon League and even has Pokémon Gyms scattered around the region, though the people inhabiting the region are a bit different than in the other regions that are known to man. Pokémon Trainers start their journey by contacting the Pokémon League, after which a representative will come to their town and give them a starter Pokémon, along with a Pokédex and Poké Balls.

You are a child living in a small town on the southern part of the region. During the night before the day where the Pokémon League representative is going to come to your town, you are visited by a mysterious girl in your dream. Her words are hard to hear, but something is clear: You were chosen by her. According to the girl, her friend is in danger, and if not rescued, the entire region of Cahionu will be in danger. She has chosen you, to inspire you to challenge Pokémon Gyms, become stronger, and stop the upcoming danger that threatens Cahionu.

After this dream, you embark on your journey to defeat the Gym Leaders of the Cahionu Pokémon League, in hopes of encountering the friend the girl in your dream mentioned. Who is this girl and her friend? What kind of evil is endangering Cahionu? Find out on your journey!

Features:

A lot of these features are kind of weird and not seen in many ROM Hacks today. I will provide explanations after the features list.
Explore Cahionu - Travel to many amazing new places such as the beautiful Route 1 and the gorgeous Route 2. But seriously, new region - is cool. Not like cold, but like awesome.
FR/LG Tiles - These are nice, I don't plan to change them.
Challenging Overworld - So not everything is going to be spoon fed to you. Talk to people, explore, and you'll eventually find your way around.
Radical Tile Puzzles - There are going to be a few mazes and whatnot.
8 Gym System - Battle the 8 Gym Leaders of Cahionu for their badges. Then you can Challenge the Elite Four.
Gym Not Type Dependent - Ha! Guess what? The Gym Leaders are now semi-puns of other things that reflect the Pokémon they use.
New TM Lineup - New TMs such as AncientPower and Ice Punch make their disc shaped debut.
386 Pokémon - Yeah, no 72X Pokémon. Sorry to anyone who wants Emolga or some "cute" Pikachu clone.
No Mega Evolutions - Also sorry to anyone who wants GigaMegaRayquaza J or something.
Type Based Damage Calculation - An amazing new feature: whether a move's damage takes in to account Attack and Defense or Sp.Atk or Sp.Def is solely dependent on its type.
Only 3rd Gen Mechanics - Self explanatory. I guess I didn't really need the previous 2 points.
Running Indoors - Exception to previous point.
No New Moves - No 4-6 Gen Moves. I replaced some old moves like Fury Cutter with new custom moves that will have similar effect to some 4th Gen moves.
Updated Movesets and Stats - I changed up some movesets and stats to make Pokémon (such as the starters) more viable/balanced.
Harder Battles - Battles will be harder, unless you grind. May add restrictions on no X Items during important battles or something.
ALL CAPS - Exploud is in the game, so I have to use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS whenever it's due. I know this thread has (almost) everything anti-Explouded, but all caps is way uglier in Open Sans than in Pokémon Fire Red in my opinion.
(Hopefully) Funny Dialogue - I mean, I think it's okay. It's up to you to decide whether it's funny or not. The farthest any reference will extend to is another Nintendo game or some stupid meme. Maybe Mean Girls, I dunno.

#1      Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2015 (8:01 AM). Edited December 16th, 2015 by 5qwerty.
Silver Tier

Pokémon Lightbolt Version (Kind of Tentative Title) - Hack of: Pokémon Fire Red

Introduction:

Hello guys, I'm 5qwerty. As you can see, I've been registered on PokéCommunity since 2009. I was quite active before, but my activity declined as I had to deal with more and more real life events. Though it seems that I have not been active for the past few years, I have always lurked around the ROM Hacking Forums. Also sorry to anyone I let down in the past.

This hack would technically be my first hack, if you don't count any hacks that I didn't finish a beta for, or any hacks that were made when I was an incoherent child. The focus for this hack is to make a game that is uniquely unique, and is also liked by people (enough for people to do Let's Plays or something).

My goal for starting this hack was just to finish making a game, as I have always given up on the games that I have made before. There won't be insane features or anything, so please go easy on me (haha). It's more of like my own "Fire Red" in the sense that there aren't going to be many graphical or mechanical changes compared to Fire Red. Also note that I'm working on this game alone, bar some friends who tested the game for me and gave me some ideas/input. Keep this in mind when you're reading my story, as it isn't too good. It was going to be a bit more intricate, but I took a break between brainstorming and actually working on the game, so I kind of forgot what I was going to do.

Also I haven't played any Gen 6 games. Please remember this.

Story:

Cahionu is a region with a few islands and many populated cities. It has its own Pokémon League and even has Pokémon Gyms scattered around the region, though the people inhabiting the region are a bit different than in the other regions that are known to man. Pokémon Trainers start their journey by contacting the Pokémon League, after which a representative will come to their town and give them a starter Pokémon, along with a Pokédex and Poké Balls.

You are a child living in a small town on the southern part of the region. During the night before the day where the Pokémon League representative is going to come to your town, you are visited by a mysterious girl in your dream. Her words are hard to hear, but something is clear: You were chosen by her. According to the girl, her friend is in danger, and if not rescued, the entire region of Cahionu will be in danger. She has chosen you, to inspire you to challenge Pokémon Gyms, become stronger, and stop the upcoming danger that threatens Cahionu.

After this dream, you embark on your journey to defeat the Gym Leaders of the Cahionu Pokémon League, in hopes of encountering the friend the girl in your dream mentioned. Who is this girl and her friend? What kind of evil is endangering Cahionu? Find out on your journey!

Features:

A lot of these features are kind of weird and not seen in many ROM Hacks today. I will provide explanations after the features list.
Explore Cahionu - Travel to many amazing new places such as the beautiful Route 1 and the gorgeous Route 2. But seriously, new region - is cool. Not like cold, but like awesome.
FR/LG Tiles - These are nice, I don't plan to change them.
Challenging Overworld - So not everything is going to be spoon fed to you. Talk to people, explore, and you'll eventually find your way around.
Radical Tile Puzzles - There are going to be a few mazes and whatnot.
8 Gym System - Battle the 8 Gym Leaders of Cahionu for their badges. Then you can Challenge the Elite Four.
Gym Not Type Dependent - Ha! Guess what? The Gym Leaders are now semi-puns of other things that reflect the Pokémon they use.
New TM Lineup - New TMs such as AncientPower and Ice Punch make their disc shaped debut.
386 Pokémon - Yeah, no 72X Pokémon. Sorry to anyone who wants Emolga or some "cute" Pikachu clone.
No Mega Evolutions - Also sorry to anyone who wants GigaMegaRayquaza J or something.
Type Based Damage Calculation - An amazing new feature: whether a move's damage takes in to account Attack and Defense or Sp.Atk or Sp.Def is solely dependent on its type.
Only 3rd Gen Mechanics - Self explanatory. I guess I didn't really need the previous 2 points.
Running Indoors - Exception to previous point.
No New Moves - No 4-6 Gen Moves. I replaced some old moves like Fury Cutter with new custom moves that will have similar effect to some 4th Gen moves.
Updated Movesets and Stats - I changed up some movesets and stats to make Pokémon (such as the starters) more viable/balanced.
Harder Battles - Battles will be harder, unless you grind. May add restrictions on no X Items during important battles or something.
ALL CAPS - Exploud is in the game, so I have to use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS whenever it's due. I know this thread has (almost) everything anti-Explouded, but all caps is way uglier in Open Sans than in Pokémon Fire Red in my opinion.
(Hopefully) Funny Dialogue - I mean, I think it's okay. It's up to you to decide whether it's funny or not. The farthest any reference will extend to is another Nintendo game or some stupid meme. Maybe Mean Girls, I dunno.

Explanation for features:
Spoiler: Show

Screenshots:

Credits:
Me - Everything.
IRL Friend #1 - Puzzle Suggestions, Testing, Input, Moral Encouragement.
IRL Friend #2 - Testing, Input, Telling me I suck.
IRL Friend #3 - Testing.

May release their names if they me want to.

HELP:
Can someone teach me how to change the Oak Intro Script and the First Rival Battle Tutorial Text, and the stuff that Mom says when you white out?
Also can someone tell me what to do if I want to do music hacking?

"Thank you" to:
Anyone who made an XSE Tutorial.
Anyone who made a World Map Hacking Tutorial.
Anyone who made any other tutorial that I read. I guess you don't know who you are. But thanks.
Anyone who made a tool.
Spherical Ice, because looking at Gaia gave me inspiration.

Tools Used:
A-Trainer
AdvanceMap 1.92
AdvanceMap 1.95
APE
FSF
Gen 3 Tools
HTE
HxD
LIPS
NTME
WRAP RE
XSE
YAPE 0.9
Again, thank you to those who made these tools!

Frequently Asked Questions:

No one has asked any questions yet. If you have, just ask me any question by PM, VM, or by leaving a reply.
I guess I'll include the answers to some questions you may have here. (I'll add more as if people download and play and ask questions)

Q: Are you going to post solutions to any puzzles?
A: No. Figure it out.

Q: What do I do if I'm stuck in/at/on/under/after <insert place name here>?
A: Talk to people, explore. Pay attention to your surroundings.

Q: Should I frame skip?
A: Only during battles.

下载地址:
购买主题 本主题需向作者支付 2 BP现金 才能浏览
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入口袋中心

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|Pokemon Center

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 12:03 , Processed in 0.108570 second(s), 41 queries .