回帖

现金

勋章券

踏入阳光的成就

积分

时光印记Lv.1水中王者勋章Lv1

发表于 2014-7-16 01:28:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
原址:
http://tinybit92.tumblr.com/post/59825033381/pokestuck-firered-a-fully-playable-homestuck-pokemon

Pokestuck FireRed- A fully playable Homestuck Pokemon Hack

Hey you! Do you like Homestuck? Do you like Pokemon? Have you ever wanted to play a Homestuck version of a Pokemon game? Well now you can!
Set out on your Pokemon journey as Jade Harley, and battle your friendly rival Dave Strider to see who can become champion of the Pokemon League.
Wondering exactly what this game is about? Well, this is a hack of Pokemon FireRed for GBA. If you’ve never played a Pokemon ROM hack before, feel free to look it up and get an idea.
I am a first time Pokemon Hacker, so this game isn’t one those elaborate hacks where they make their own region and completely revamp everything. This is just the Kanto region, with Jade and Dave trying to conquer the Indigo Plateau.
Get your first Pokemon from Bro Strider, defeat the eight Gym Leaders and the Elite Four in order to become champion. Did I mention the Trolls seem to have taken over the Pokemon league?
All important characters have been replaced with Homestuck characters, the story has been changed to blend Pokemon and Hometuck together into one world, and certain other events and Pokemon encounters have been changed to make things a bit more interesting.
So, if you want a fun Pokemon game combined with some of your favorite Homestuck characters, this is the place to get it. Dowload the IPS file here.
Please note that this game has not been beta tested, so if you run into any textual bugs or anything, please feel free to send me a message so I can see about fixing it. Unless it is the Doc Scratch speech glitch near the beginning, I am fully aware of that one and for the life of me can not get it to go away.
For instructions on what you’ll need to get the game running and information about Changes in evolution and wild encounters, check under the read more. Otherwise, have fun!
Go ahead and send me a message with any questions or comments you may have. If you post any screenshots or gameplay footage, tag it so I can find it, I’d love to see what you all do with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~How To Get It Working~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so in order to play Pokestuck, you are going to need four things: A Gameboy Advance emulator, a ROM for Pokemon FireRed, the Pokestuck IPS file, and a program called Lunar IPS.
Before I get into this though, let me explain the legality behind ROMs and Pokemon hacks. Now, ROMs are entire video games whose information was ripped from the cartridge and converted into a format that can be played on your computer. Because video games are owned by their respective companies, obtaining a free copy of the game online is illegal, UNLESS you already own a legally obtained copy of the game. So, if you have a Pokemon FireRed cartridge in your possession, it is perfectly legal for you to own a ROM of it. If you don’t, well, no one’s gonna come busting down your door and slap you with a fine, but you should be aware of what you’re doing. Hacking games to make your own is also entirely legal, so long as you are not distributing ROMs or making any money off of it.
Now that that’s out of the way, for your emulator, I would recommend VisualBoy Advance. It’s one of the most reliable GBA emulators out there.
As far as an actual ROM goes, I can not link you directly to one for legal reasons. But just type Pokemon Fire Red ROM into Google and you’ll find one right away.
The IPS file is that first link provided before the red more, but in case you missed it and don‘t want to scroll all the way back up, here it is again.
Lastly, you’ll need this nifty little program called Lunar IPS. See, as I stated before, distributing ROMs is technically not okay, which is why the IPS file was invented. It’s a file that has all the information that is different from the original about your Pokemon hack. Lunar IPS is the program used to create these files, and to apply them. So you need this to make it work.
I would also recommend a USB based controller of some sort, if you are like me and don’t like playing your emulators on a keyboard, but that has a bit more to do with personal preference. If you happen to have a USB SNES controller, the layout of that works pretty comfortably for this, but if you don’t, any wired Xbox 360 controller can also be plugged into your computer and used for this purpose.
Once you have all of these things, what you are going to do is open Lunar IPS. Cick Apply IPS and navigate to wherever you saved your Pokestuck IPS. Click that, and then it will open the navigation window a second time. Now navigate to where you saved your FireRed ROM and click on that. Give it a minute, and it will apply the patch. Once that’s done, your Pokemon FireRed file should now be called Pokestuck FireRed.
That’s it, you now have the fully functioning ROM. Boot up VBA, get your controls set up how you like them by going to Options>Joypad>configure>1, then open the ROM and enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~Change Notes~~~~~~~~~~~~
This game is written to be played as Jade Harley, as such, you should be picking the girl option when prompted. You can still pick boy, the sprite for which is essentially just a blacked out version of the default male trainer sprite, who I like to jokingly refer to as Slick. However, all the dialogue in game is written as if you are playing as Jade, so it’s gonna make things rather strange and silly if you play as a boy.
Minor changes have been made to the teams of several of the gym leaders, but they still use the same types, so you should be able to keep your usual type strategies no problem. The one exception to this rule is the first gym leader that replaced Brock, who uses Normal Type Pokemon instead of Rock Types. This change will make sense when you get there.
Wild encounters have been changed in several places so that all 386 generation 3 Pokemon are available for capture. Or, at the very least, their base forms are, and you can evolve them yourself. For capturing Lugia, Ho-oh, and Deoxys, the Mystic Ticket and Aurora Ticket have been made available for purchase at a shop on one of the Sevii Islands. I have not tested what happens if you buy more than one of either of them, so I would maybe suggest not doing that, just in case.
Important Evolution Changes!
Because this is a hack, you can not trade Pokemon in order to evolve them, and because it’s FireRed, the time based evolutions don’t work either. Due to this, certain Pokemon’s evolutions have been changed. Also, evolving by holding certain items and leveling was a mechanic not introduced until generation 4, so my workarounds tend to involve evolution stones, friendship, or just reaching a certain level. I will list these changes here:
  • Poliwhirl evolves to Politoed via Sun Stone
  • Kadabra evolves to Alakazam at level 33
  • Machoke evolves to Machamp at level 40
  • Graveler evolves to Golem at level 38
  • Slowpoke evolves to Slowking via Moon Stone
  • Onix evolves to Steelix via Moon Stone
  • Haunter evolves to Gengar at level 38
  • Seadra evolves to Kingdra via Water Stone
  • Scyther evolves to Scizor via Moon Stone
  • Porygon evolves to Porygon2 at level 35
  • Eevee evolves to Espeon via Sun Stone and Umbreon via Moon Stone
  • Feebas evolves to Milotic at Max Friendship
  • Clamperl evolves to Huntail via Moon Stone and Gorebyss via Sun Stone
Feebas evolution was changed simply for ease, as Beauty is an invisible stat in FireRed which makes it very difficult to achieve Max Beauty. Because there is now a higher demand for Sun Stones and Moon Stones, they have been made purchasable at the Celadon City Department Store alongside all the other evolution stones. Please note that the National Dex lock is still in place, so attempting to evolve your Poliwhirl into a Politoed or your Eevee into an Espeon before defeating the Elite Four will not work.
If it is requested enough, I will make a sort of Pokedex list telling you where you can catch each Pokemon in game. In the meantime, I would simply recommend exploring everywhere you can.
Also, all Pokemon that were previously only available in the Safari Zone can now be caught elsewhere as well. Excluding Dratini, who can still only be obtained either via fishing in the Safari Zone, or by purchasing it from the Game Corner in Celadon City. I’m not giving you guys an unlimited supply of easily accessible dragons. :P
I think that’s all you really need to know without spoiling anything. Go have fun!

下载地址:
购买主题 已有 6 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 3 BP现金 才能浏览
回复

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

踏入阳光的成就

积分

时光印记Lv.1水中王者勋章Lv1

楼主| 发表于 2014-7-16 01:29:55 | 显示全部楼层
@jiangzhengwenjz
加索引.
不知道是不是应该找你.不过你似乎已经开始负责这里了呢.

点评

OK  发表于 2014-7-16 10:30
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

力挫他人的自豪

海豚

积分
QQ

水中王者勋章Lv1黑白女主角特制版时光印记Lv.1异化型LUGIA【M超梦版】个别的十一人勋章ORAS活动限定勋章Ver.5论坛十周年纪念物

多多 Lv:21
发表于 2014-7-16 08:24:55 | 显示全部楼层
第三个图那个白人是怎么回事。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

力挫他人的自豪

积分
QQ

时光印记Lv.1水中王者勋章Lv1黑白系列N金银好CP-Ho-oh/LUGIA【里】No.261 土狼犬No.255 火雉鸡No.252 木守宫约修亚勋章

发表于 2014-7-16 13:42:27 | 显示全部楼层
感觉最大的亮点是主角长得略萌(泥垢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回帖

现金

勋章券

贵宾

各位權貴、老人真厲害啊,我們這等新人和阿卡林只能呵呵了

积分

水中王者勋章Lv2论坛十周年纪念物挥金如土勋章Lv1时光印记Lv.2Omega红宝石发售确认纪念章Alpha蓝宝石发售确认纪念章金银好CP第二弹-凤王金银好CP第二弹-LUGIA

火雞 Lv:32
发表于 2014-7-18 17:29:16 | 显示全部楼层
pokestuck....
作者能認真起名字嗎...
話說以後有事找德國人就好
月光宝盒改版索引帖                                                         打各种补丁教程                                         

面對各位權貴和老人我等新人黨和阿卡林是不是該說一句跪拜菊苣?
我們這些渣渣不長眼、不長記性、沒有服務意識冒犯各位菊苣可真是對不起啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入口袋中心

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|Pokemon Center

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 17:47 , Processed in 0.129533 second(s), 65 queries .